Friday, August 30, 2013

One year ago...

One year ago. That seems like an eternity ago! There were so many things going on in our world that I don't even know where to begin.

We were preparing to move from Italy to Alaska with a 30 day vacation in Colorado in between. By this point we had no car, no house, no anything except our suitcases and Stretch.

 If you had told me one year ago I was going to miss Italy, I would have laughed in your face! Of course I had my "I hate Italy" days, but I have come to realize that no matter where you are, you are going to have those days. I still tell anyone that asks that Aviano, Italy is a HARD assignment,  but I would go back in a heartbeat.

I miss my house and Dani misses her "home." Since she was born 4 months after we moved there, that house was the only house she ever knew. There are days when she says that she doesn't like Alaska. She says that she hates {such a strong word for a little person} this house and she wants her "house in the sky back." I never moved as a child...my parents still live in the same house they lived in when they were married and I always wondered what it was like to move, to be the new kid, to experience change. Dani seems to not like the change so much.

Our Italian Casa

I miss the food. I miss gelato. I miss the culture. I miss the travel. 

We were able to see some of THE MOST AMAZING things during our four years there. By four years, I was ready.to.go! But now, I would give almost anything to be able to hop in the car and go check out something in Austria, or jump on the train to grab lunch in Venice, or to catch a plane and see the Colosseum. 
 Rome Colosseum
 Lake Bled, Slovenia
Church in Milan, Italy


to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment